Chief Barnabas Gamade, Senator representing Benue North East Senatorial District on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party boasted of being responsible for the appointment of several Benue citizens into top government agencies.
The statement made through his official Facebook account reads:
When I was made national chairman of the PDP, I directly influenced the appointment of 53 Benue sons into senior positions as board chairmen, members of federal parastatals, Directors etc. Some of which include:
1. Chief E.K Ashiekaa, Board member. Corporate affairs commission.
2. Chief Steven Lawani, board member, Nigerian aluminium smelter company
3. Mr S.I Myagba, Board member, National hospital Abuja
4. Late S.J.I Akure, Board member federal Agricultural rural development and cooperative bank
5. Rt. Hon. Ugba Uye. Board member FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTRE MAKURDI
6. Late Dr Liambee Shande. Board member NIGERIAN RAILWAY CORPORATION
7. Mr Steven Biam. Board member UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
8. Mr ortyom yugh.
9. Chief Francis Apaa. Board member. FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTRE KEFFI
10. Hon Ortese Gbegi.
11. Mr Terry Wayas. Board member PPMC
12. Chief Verem Ayaka was BOARD CHAIRMAN
13. Late. J.K.I Ugela
14. Hon. Isaac Shaahu. Board chairman. FED COLLEGE OF EDUC IHA-IMAFU
15. Mr Asongo Nongu. Board member. FEDERAL RADIO CORPORATION
16. Chief David Amoh. Managing Director FEDERAL MORTGAGE FINANCE.
17. Dr Jack Gyado. Board member KADUNA REFINERIES
18. Late. David Zungwe was also board member.
19. Hon. Mike Mku. Senior Special assistance to the President.
20. Hon. Mike Adyo. Board member, LOWER BENUE RIVER BASIN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
21. Hon. Clement Tsetse. Board member, NIGERIAN HEALTH ISSURANCE SCHEME
22. Late. Rev. Fr. Moses Adasu. Federal commissioner. ICPC
23. Prof Shambe. Board member, STO