By Titus Nyafa
A seven room apartment located close to Fr. Tansi Academy, Gyado Villa, Makurdi was engulfed by fire in the early hours of today destroying property and rendering students homeless.
The landlord, Mr Dondu Gangese told newsmen that the inferno extended from his wife’s provision shop to the entire building through the refrigerator when power was restored. He said that all efforts to put off the fire proved abortive.
“Before the arrival of men of the fire service, all efforts by family members and occupants of the house who are mostly students to put off the fire proved abortive”, he said.
Mr Dondu maintained that he had lost property worth millions of naira as well as other valuable documents to the inferno.
On their part, Jacob Ato, Maurice Orwough, Kumaiin Moses and Audu Akwebe, all students said they had lost everything to the disaster including their food Stuff.
The landlord and the students therefore appealed to the government and well-to-do individuals to come to their aid.